Wednesday, December 21, 2011

At times, Puzzle pieces do fall in place

As the year comes to a close I cant help but look back and see what the highlights were that happen throughout 2011. It was a truly a growing year for me, I was able to redirect my life, build more of a solid foundation and all the while growing and establishing new friendships. There have been a few very crucial individuals that have emotionally struck me deep and have accepted me in and we've had nothing but love and good times ever since. A huge part of my growth has come from mirroring what I've learned over time off of them, and it has done nothing but help me grow, and establish the man I am as well as becoming. I am very much pleased with the way this year has turned out, exiting this year I see good time as well as bad time, and situations that could have been better, but all-in-all 2011's cup was definitely half full.

I loved and appreciated every minute of every month that I had. I feel the most influential soundtrack to this year was my new love for the band, The National. I have a huge appreciation for many musicians and groups and those haven't diminished in the slightest, but I would say my soul was definitely lifted by lead vocalist, Matt Berninger and the music created by The National. When you first listen to a song it's as if you were seated your whole life in a stuffed up room and for the first time you leave, you exit with much angst and the second you throw open that door you're engulfed with fresh, crisp air that swirls around you, heals your soul, lifts your spirit and takes your level of consciousness to a whole other high yet to have experience. If you've never listened to a song, listen to the song below, put some good sounding headphones on, turn it up and let the music move you.

The National took me by surprise, truth be told. I would have never anticipated that they would have effected me in the way they have this year. I very am excited to see them live for the first time, and have a sing-a-long to their songs with a crowd over thirty-thousand. All in good time. Musicians and music fit in the appropriate times in our lives that help and boost us to a new level of subconsciousness. The National and my new friendships in 2011 were what was needed for me and my growth. I am back in control of my life in every aspect, 2012 is going to be epic, that'll be the year that I break into a full-stride sprint and accomplish the most for my life to come. I can see it as well as smell it, and I am excited! Peace and love!



(Currently listening to Fake Empire by The National, go figure)

No comments: