Thursday, November 5, 2009

Death Trap

I find myself driving. The gas light has been on for days. How am I still moving? How am I able to comprehend a forward motion in this car? There is no direction given, only a forward motion. I struggle to throw the gear into reverse, but I look closely and I'm driving in a single geared car. Only goes forward. I slam the brake...nothing happens. I repeat this motion...nothing. Again...nothing. I'm getting frustrated and know that there must be another motion to this car. I know it. I just know it. When I decided to turn the car around. I realize that I don't have any control to this car. The steering wheel wont budge. I do everything to make this car do anything. I honk the horn, a small sound is made, and no one hears it. I try rolling down the windows but they are broken and stuck. I slam my fist on the window. The car speeds up. I scream and I scream...nothing happens. I to the back from the drivers seat and lay down. I pull my knees to my chest and scream as I try to bust out the side window. Nothing happens. I do it again. nothing happens. Again. I did it!! The window flies from the car and crashes against the paved road. The car speeds up. There seems to be no way out of this car...alive at least. I hesitate when I debate in my head if I should climb out of the car. I stick my head out the window like a dog would, but this is not a joyous occasion...I must get out. I finally climb out of the window to the top of the car. my eyes water as I look forward. the tears stream across the sides of my face. I have a death grip on the open window, gratefully this car is heading straight on a one way road. The car is far above 90 miles an hour. I look at the fast moving ground. Again I doubt this jump. I need to be safe. I need it. The wind flows through my clothes and I get a cool chill before I make the leap. I scream and I slowly fall to the ground I slowly fade away and suddenly find myself on my back sitting up in my own bed. My mouth was open, but nothing came out. My heart was beating and I look at my body. Nothing happened. I was dreaming...it was a dream. My heart still beats hard.

(Currently listening to Have Mercy on Me by The Black Keys)

No comments: