Thursday, December 4, 2008

The simple things make you happy


So it just hit me yesterday that I wanted to do something that I don't think I have ever done before. That was to make some delicious honey bread. So I bought two loaf pans from Albertsons for $2 and today I made bread! And I just ate the first slice and it is 'umm umm good!' I was actually really surprised at how tasty it turned out.... my mouth is watering just thinking about the second slice. For the first attempt I might say it was a great success. I wanna try other type of breads for the second time around.. maybe a Cinnamon raisin bread...that sounds delightful! We'll see what will tickle my fancy then...the great thing is...since Borders has hired me a great plus is that all employees get to check out any book in the store as along as there are two of them...Ha HA so you bet I'm going to be bring home some Paula Dean books and other great cook books to try stuff out! I'm excited! Wish you all could take a slice home with ya...its too good to hold to ones self...Later!

(Currently listening to Kids by MGMT)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds and looks yummy! Got a job eh? Way to go. Borders is a good company. Sure beats a paper route! Love you!

nic said...

Great job, Deej. It looks yummy! Did you use the Bosch behind you? Is that yours? Glad to hear you got a job. Love you!