Monday, January 11, 2010

Earth I am, light is a smile


I have transformed my room into a jungle, a place of peace and life. This is a place where I know that I am one. This is happiness, this is peace. I looking at my laughing Buddhas and I don't think I've ever seen them smile as big as they are now. That makes me happy. That raises the sun to my soul. Sure things are lonely in life and I seem to be nowhere, but I am somewhere. Somewhere between sunrise and noon. This is a place that time freezes and I exist. This is a place I can jam out on my guitar with my shades pulled high and the window open and I can scream my inner dialog out to the world in such notes that sooth the soul. I can feel the cool breeze and it makes my skin rise up. Goosebumps is the sensation of the moment, and it feels good.

I can breathe. Through all the pollution and cigarette smoke, I smell life. I seem to have temporarily broken my seal of depression, and want nothing but sun in my life. I don't seem to want to tighten the blinds more and more so less and less sun can enter in. I can feel it. Can you? If you can't ...try. If I can do it, you can too. Even if it is for five seconds, do it for those five seconds. Make a smile creep onto your lips. For nothing more than a second. Come on, I dare you. I know I wont always feel the way I do now...maybe I'll wake up tomorrow morning and decide to nail an inch thick board in front of my window and seal the cracks of light out with cock. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. All I know is that right now...at this very moment. I feel like me. I feel the blood flowing through my body...and I like it. Peace and love ladies and gentlemen, peace and love.

(Currently listening to When You Thought You'd Never Stand Out by Copeland)

1 comment:

Amberlynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.