Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The deed is done

So the snow continues and the people go crazy!! It is really fun to sit back and watch spin out after spin out of cars on the snow! Its a great comfort to know that the cities here only have like on snow-plow and since it hasn't been used all year it is not in working condition. So much so that the only snow coming off the road is that which is caked, and flipped off of tires to land either right back on the road or the windshield or hood of your car. Great fun let me tell ya. Though I said it was fun to sit back and soak all of it in and find it humorous, peoples misfortune of slipping and sliding, I did find it in myself to help them. Kayleen and I were stuck behind a whole line of slippery travelers, we ended up passing them all on the hill and parked the car at the top and ran back down to help. I advised them to turn off their traction resistor ESR, or some acronym like that, and told them how to drive in it to not be afraid of the gas and when to push it when not to push it..we had a jolly old time. Then after the pointers, car after car we help push... even getting to a big ol truck that was incapable to climb the hill...let me repeat..a TRUCK couldn't do it. Some odd reason it wasn't a 4X4 only rear-wheel drive..we did the best we could but ended up having her back down the road and find an alternative route. It felt good leaving an empty road filled with nothing but struggling skid marks. It made me feel like I had done my good deed for the day...and only thirty minutes before I had to be at work..ha..there is always time for a good deed I have found.

(Currently listening to Can't Stop by Dave Matthews Band)

1 comment:

nic said...

Good for you! It is snowing like mad here today, the only difference here with drivers though, everyone drives like its rain not snow! Zipping in and out of lanes, going the speed limit or higher, etc. Are you still not coming for the holidays? I keep hoping something will change. Love you.