Monday, February 11, 2008

Mind Blown!

Many scenes in our modern day cinematic adventures have taken the high road and blown my mind. Such scenes have consisted of the aerial shots from Gladiator, powerfully thick drama that is given in A Few Good Men, and the killer connection that the audience has with Bambi and his daily struggles in his wee life. But about a month an a half ago I walked into Provos beloved movies 8 to see, Across the Universe. I had really no idea what to expect aside a few no-name actors singing remakes of the Beatles. I was blown away! Everything was perfect, not one thing was bad or out of place in that movie (except for the two back-up singers during "It won't be long" and one spazy Priest, but other than that...GREAT!).


The above scene is one of my favorites. For some reason I wanted to stand a applaud the movie when the soldiers are carrying the Statue of Liberty on their backs. It is so great how Julie Taymor, the director, just creates this entire storyline with these songs... very artsy and very moving. This is and will continue being one of my top favorite movies of all time!

1 comment:

Dainon. said...

Glad to hear you liked this one, bro. One of my favorite times in the theater as well. Rock ON.

(also, nice new page format)