Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bonnaroo, SOC, Rothbury... oh my!










K, so there have been very few things in my life that I have been STOKED to either do or experience...and most recently Bonnaroo is one of them. Had you asked me two years ago what it was...I would probably say it was an old TV show related to Zoobali-zoo. This year will be a blast for so many reasons but most importantly for umm I dunno ... freak'n PEARL JAM!!!! In the Mid ninties I told myself that there area few bands that I MUST see before I die... DMB, BB King, the Reds, and Pearl Jam. I will be going insaine! I am so excited. The only problem is the $...right now tickets are $209 and they'll go up anytime to $245...I think I will just start selling my organs on the blackmarket for so serious cash flow...Either that or win big in Vegas. I will be there...I mean I need to be there. I can hear it just calling me. It has to happen and somehow it will happen!! "Oh yes...she will be mine!"




And something that I am thrilled about that will be happening sooner is this. Seeds of Compassion. It is a five day peace awareness festival in Seattle, and 'I' will be there...of course not just me but with Whit and friends. I feel it will be great, on April 11 Dave and Timmy will be playing a show after Dave and the Dalai Lama sit down and talk about how music can bring peace to us all and peace to all nations. I think it'll be tight. I'm excited. PLUS!! it is super cheap to go to seattle now...so I say right on for heading North! If you haven't seen Tim Reynolds play...it is a must see. He brings a whole new meaning to truely 'KNOWING' your guitar. Check it out http://timreynolds.com/homepage/ He is amazing. Then you got him playing with Dave Matthews?! It is an amazing show. I saw a Dave and Tim show in Vegas in '05 and it twas SWEET!

Then there is a Festival in Michigan called the Rothbury. It'll have such bands as the Dave Matthews Band, 311, John Mayer, Widespread Panic, Modest Mouse, and much more. Check it out at http://www.rothburyfestival.com/ I'll try to make it to this one...but who knows...it again takes money moneies! ... Who's in with me?!

2 comments:

Dainon. said...

If you're so loaded (and it sounds like you are), why don't you buy my Bonnaroo ticket, hmm?

DJ said...

Umm...I'm not so loaded...but hey if you want we could sell out livers together and head on over there...it'll be fun...we can call ourselves the liver-less brothers...and I'll play the geetar and you dance like a banchee...what do you say?